skincarehelp

Friday, December 29, 2006

Different Skin Types, Different Foundation

Makeup or foundation is often thought of as an essential part of a woman’s regimen; we like to think we can’t go out of the house without it. With the many different skin types, foundation is now formulated to meet the needs of each person’s skin type, from dry skin to oily. But how do you know what type of foundation is right for your skin type? There are three general foundation types: liquid foundation, loose powder foundation and pressed powder foundation, all formulated differently to match your skin type or preference.

Liquid foundations are best when used on normal to dry skin types. Generally liquid foundations contain ingredients that are going to be more hydrating or moisturizing to fit dry skin needs. I recommend trying Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals, which include Cool, Neutral and Global Tones, so you can find your perfect color.

Loose powder foundations hit the makeup market around the 1970’s and become the new must-have for many women. The loose powder is formulated to meet the needs of almost any skin type, but is best used for normal to combination skin. Try Colorescience Foundation w/Brush in your matched color. Women who like to wear light coverage tend to prefer this foundation type.

Pressed powder foundation is best used for combination to oily skin types and works well to conceal blemishes, pigmentation issues or redness in the face. Because pressed minerals tend to cover more, women who like full coverage prefer this type of foundation. I suggest Jane Iredale PurePressed Base in either Cool or Warm Tones.

3 Comments:

  • I'll try the Pressed Powder foundation by Jane Iredale. Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • Thanks for the tips! I always have a hard time deciding which is best for my skin. I will keep this all in mind when I purchase my foundation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

  • I really love Jane Iredale Makeup! I highly recommend it to all my family and friends. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home