skincarehelp

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Keratosis Pilaris

Keratosis Pilaris, also called “chicken skin,” is a common skin disorder in which small, rough bumps appear on the skin, typically on the outer upper arms, thighs and buttocks. The hair follicles’ openings are filled with hard plugs, or keratin, a process known as hyperkeratinization. Many people who carry the skin disorder confuse KP with acne. KP affects 40-50% of the adult population and 50-80% of adolescents.
Although there is no known cure for KP, it can be alleviated. Areas of the skin that are affected with KP rarely get sore or itchy, so the main concern is its unattractive appearance.
Exfoliants containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids and moisturizers that are extremely hydrating are best suited to treat KP, particularly in the colder times of the year when the air is extremely dry. Try using Glytone’s Keratosis Pilaris Kit in conjunction with Baker Cummins’ Ultra Mide 25 Lotion.

2 Comments:

  • For years I didn't even know there was a name for the problem I had on the under side of my arms until I saw a dermatologist. He recommended using the Glytone Keratosis Pilaris kit and to jump start the process I used the Glytone Heal and Elbow Cream. I would put the Heal and Elbow Cream on the back sides of my arms for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. The next morning I could hardly feel the bumps on my arms. These products are amazing and I'm so thankful I've found them especially just before summer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  

  • The Glytone KP Kit works great if you use it right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home