skincarehelp

Friday, September 29, 2006

Dry & Dehydrated Skin – What’s the Difference?

Dry skin and dehydrated skin may sound like they mean the same thing, but in fact, they’re completely different. However, both dry and dehydrated skin can be treated and managed – but each with a different skin care regimen.

Your skin type is basically determined by genetics; if dry skin runs in your family, chances are you will have dry skin. Dry skin can be distinguished by a tight feeling in the skin and is deficient in oil and/or moisture, therefore can at times result in dry or scaling patches. Dry skin is easily treated; proper skin care alleviates dry skin. Use of a hydrating moisturizer day and night such as MD Skincare Maximum Moisture Treatment will provide extra moisture for dry skin types.

Dehydrated skin lacks or has a loss of water, not moisture. Skin dehydration is a large skin issue for many, especially in dryer climates such as desert areas. Dehydrated skin can be treated by drinking plenty of water, avoiding extrinsic factors such as wind and sun exposure and also trying to avoid indoor aggressors such as extreme and direct air conditioning, which worsens dehydrated skin. Dehydrated skin can also be treated with correct skin care treatments such as YonKa Crème 28 – Dehydrated Skin.

Keep in mind that although these are different conditions you can experience dryness as well as become dehydrated, however with proper skin care both environments can be treated and improved.

2 Comments:

  • I have dry, and dehydrated skin. I was born with dry skin, and I'm always drinking soda instead of water. I used to never drink any soda, and nothing but water. I also used to be very strict when it came to my diet, and exercise. Now I can defiantly tell the change in my skin, and I'm ready to make it better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • I've always tried to battle my dry, sensitive skin without using decent skin care products. I now use Age Intervention face cream by Jan Marini, and my skin looks awesome. I'm so happy, and I now know it's worth paying the extra cash for great products.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home