skincarehelp

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Eye Concerns--how to treat them

One of the most popular questions I get asked is how to treat eye concerns and issues such as dark circles around the eye. Our eyes are generally the first area of the face that people look at, so how can we get that bright eyed look that will capture people’s attention at first glance? Dark circles around the eye area are commonly misdiagnosed. True dark circles can be caused by lack of sleep or a late night, but this is not always the cause. Generally dark circles are caused by over exposure to the sun, stress, allergies, menstrual disorders, or kidney dysfunctions, or by a common hereditary trait.

Dark circles can be treated with many different active ingredients; realistically it depends on how your skin reacts to a certain ingredient -- whether or not that ingredient will work for your dark circles. Vitamin K is a common ingredient used in products to reduce dark circles, as well as vitamin E and retinol, which are many times utilized synergistically as a great method to alleviate some of these dark circles.

If you are experiencing dark circles around the eye area I recommend you try products such as Revision Teamine Eye Complex, PCA Skin ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum, or DDF Erase Eye Gel to combat these annoying issues. Active ingredients and great products such as these will keep your eyes away from the dark side, leaving you with results worthy of showing off. For more severe dark circles, I suggest you try a concealer over these areas such as Jane Iredale Disappear.

2 Comments:

  • I'm going to try Jane Iredale's Disappear as a concealer. I'm using her Circle Delete, and I'm not crazy about it. I love her Pressed Powders though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

  • I don't use an eye treatment, but I want to peserve that tissue as long as I can.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home